Credit + Lending
Access to capital fuels growth for small business, but many entrepreneurs face obstacles when they seek capital from traditional financial institutions. The Iowa Center provides education and support for entrepreneurs navigating traditional lending processes. Small businesses in need of more flexible underwriting can apply for loans through The Iowa Center Loan Fund CDFI or our SBA Microlending program. Our commitment to education and technical assistance at every step of the loan process is building a future economy of more sophisticated consumers of business and financial services.
What We Offer
- Pre-loan credit counseling
- Loan document preparation
- Assistance navigating the small business loan process
- Pre-loan technical assistance
- Small business loans with flexible underwriting
- Post-loan technical assistance
- Classroom learning opportunities
The Iowa Center Loan Fund is certified by the US Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). The Iowa Center Loan Fund was established to increase the scope and capacity of small business lending in Iowa, and is controlled 100% by The Iowa Center.
- Loans up to $50,000
- Up to 5 year terms
- Annual fixed 6% interest rate
- No pre-payment penalties
- Flexible underwritinger
If you would like to learn more about the loan program, schedule a meeting here.
We Can Help!
- We can help you improve your credit history.
- We can help you put together your required loan documents.
- We can help if you want to learn more about small business loans. Check out “Always Ready: Lending” class which is offered monthly at no cost!
- We can help you navigate the small business loan process with a bank or credit union.
- We can help if you need a loan to launch or grow your small business.
- We can help if you need a loan with more flexible underwriting.