- This event has passed.
The Story of The East Village
November 4 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm CDT
Presenters: Small Business Owners in The East Village
Date: November 4, 2022
Time: 12 – 1pm
Location: The Iowa Center (2210 Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50312)
Join us for “The Story Of,” a monthly series offered at The Iowa Center, focused on Iowa entrepreneurs and small business owners making their mark in our communities. Treat yourself to this time each month to rekindle your entrepreneurial spirit and connect with others.
Join us in person at The Iowa Center on November 4, 2022 at 12pm to hear the exciting entrepreneurial journeys of some small business owners in The East Village. After they share their stories there will be time to network with speakers and each other while enjoying treats from Scenic Bakery.
“The Story Of…The East Village” panel will include: Liz Lidgett of Liz Lidgett Gallery and Design, Julie Lyle of Indie House, Teresa Adams-Tompka of Kitchen Collage, Karen Brady & Arin Wiebers of Ephemera, Luke Dickens of Vinyl Cup Records, and our moderator China Wong of SALON SPA W.
Some of the many topics that will be discussed will be:
- How each business owner got their start.
- What advice they have for new and growing small businesses in Iowa.
- How is small business preparing for this holiday season?
- What’s happening in the East Village in November?
- How is the economy impacting holiday planning?
- Are shoppers back in person or still want curbside pick-up and online?