- This event has passed.
Ascent Weekly Course
May 5, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am CDT
Summary: A 7-week deep dive into the SBA’s Ascent Program
Date: Thursdays from May 5 – June 16
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 am
Registration: Click Here
02 | Strategic Marketing (May 5)
03 | Your People (May 12)
04 | Your Business Financial Strategy (May 19)
05 | Access to Capital (May 26)
06 | Government Contracting (June 2)
07 | Partnerships (June 9)
08 | Entrepreneurial Leadership (June 16)
What is Ascent? Ascent is an online learning platform that utilizes a modern, e-learning approach specifically targeted for women business owners who want to grow their existing businesses. It’s packed with resources women need to set, and achieve, their business goals. All content is backed by research on the needs of women business owners.
What is the purpose of Ascent? Ascent’s purpose is threefold:
- Cover more ground: Reach women business owners who may not be close to field offices.
- Look to the future: Create a digital experience that is more in line with how today’s entrepreneurs seek information.
- Identify resource gaps: Build a resource for women entrepreneurs who are ready to scale their businesses.
Who is behind Ascent? The U.S. Small Business Administration, the Department of Labor’s Women’s Bureau, and the Department of Treasury collaborated to develop this platform, leveraging the best of government resources and entrepreneurial perspectives.
Why target women business owners? Nearly 90% of women-owned businesses have no employees and tend to be smaller businesses with significantly lower revenues. While there are quite a few resources available for women looking to start a business, little is available for established business owners interested in growing to the next stage.
Who is the target user? Ascent is for “the missing middle” – growth-oriented women entrepreneurs who are:
- Established businesses
- Generating revenue
- Interested in scaling/growing their business
What does Ascent offer?
- A user-centered, customizable learning experience, with the flexibility to take full courses within a topic or short, micro-lessons to accommodate busy schedules.
- Success stories from real women entrepreneurs who have faced relatable issues on their own journeys.
- A multimedia approach with videos, worksheets, infographics, self-assessments and more covering the skillsets entrepreneurs need to grow their businesses.
Click here to register!
The Iowa Center Women’s Business Center is funded in part by U.S. Small Business Administration.