Virtual Tax Preparation Consent
Thank you for contacting The Iowa Center for your tax preparation needs.
Please read the below carefully prior to moving forward in the process.
To proceed with having your virtual taxes completed you must have access to the following technology. If you do not have access to everything listed below please click here to find a different tax site in your area that can complete your taxes.
- Email access
- Phone access
- Capability to fill out DocuSign forms (link sent in email)
- Upload documents into link provided (the files can be PDFs, JPGs, even pictures taken with your phone)
- Access Zoom for a scheduled meeting (you will not need a paid zoom account, but you will have to download Zoom onto your phone or computer to access)
By clicking on link below you are acknowledging you have access to all required technology.
Click Here to Proceed to VITA Tax Initial Intake Form
Virtual Tax Process
- Fill out the initial intake form.
- Tax Site Coordinator will email you forms requiring your signature through DocuSign (check spam/junk email) and a link for uploading tax documents. This email will be sent within 24 business hours after completing the initial intake form.
- Once the forms are filled out and returned, and the tax documents are uploaded into our secure site. The Tax Coordinator will reach out to schedule a zoom meeting to discuss the forms, verify identitiy, and answer any questions.
- After this meeting the Tax Coordinator will move your files on to one of our tax volunteers to prepare your taxes.
- Once your taxes are complete there will be a short meeting scheduled with the tax preparer to go over your taxes and answer any questions.
- You will receive a an electronic copy of your taxes by secure email link.
**Please note The Iowa Center Tax Site will not be keeping any tax documentation on record. All files that are sent to us will be securely deleted 30 days after the close of tax season. We strongly encourage all clients to keep records on their personal devices or printed copies.