bizPREP: Applying for a Loan
September 22 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am$30
Date: September 22 & 24, 2020
Time: 9:00am – 10:00am
For small business owners, 2020 has highlighted the importance of maintaining accurate financial documents and establishing a relationship with their banker. For too many Iowans, these stumbling blocks have prevented them from receiving much-needed funds to keep their businesses healthy.
BizPREP is a one-week course for small business owners who want to be prepared to apply for a loan, including knowing what documents are needed and how to build a relationship with a banker. This course will address the following:
- Why do I need to build a relationship with a banker?
- What should I look for when researching a bank?
- What questions should I ask a banker?
- What documents do I need to bring when applying for a personal account and/or business loan?
- Other FAQs surrounding business banking relationships and the loan process
What to expect:
- 1 hour class with David Ling, VP, Business Banking Manager at Bankers Trust, on September 22, 2020 9-10am
- 1 hour class with TJ Daniels, Sr Loan Officer + Credit Coach at The Iowa Center . September 22, 2020 9-10am
- 30-minute 1:1 coaching session for each participant to review financial documents and Q&A
If you have any question please email Zach Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our speakers
David Ling joined Bankers Trust in 2013 and currently manages the Business Banking Group, which includes the Banks Government Guaranteed Lending division. Collectively the group specializes in helping small to mid-sized companies develop banking strategies to support their operations. David earned his degree in finance from Minnesota State University, Mankato in 2005, and graduated with Honors from the Colorado Graduate School of Banking in Boulder, CO, 2017. David began his banking career with Wells Fargo in Denver, CO, serving in a number of commercial lending roles. He worked for Wells Fargo’s Business Banking division in Des Moines before moving to Bankers Trust.
Outside of the office, David serves as the Vice Chair for the Iowa ALS Association and as the Past Chair for the West Des Moines Leadership Academy. In addition, he serves as a board member for the Cyclone Regional Training Center, an organization supporting post collegiate wrestlers with Olympic and world pursuits. In his free time, David enjoys spending time with his wife, Sarah and two children – Gracie (5) and Archie (2).
TJ Daniels is the official cheerleader of The Iowa Center. She’s a vibrant supporter of our mission, programs, clients and staff. As a Certified Credit Counselor, she assists clients with their credit, budget, financial statements and so much more. She also works with our lending programs assisting clients from start to finish, and often times well after the loan has closed making many friendships along the way.