Project Manager of New Initiatives
Deadline: October 16, 2019
Contact: Megan Milligan (MMilligan@theiowacenter.org)
Location: Iowa Center for Economic Success
Title: Project Manager of New Initiatives
Reports To: President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
To Apply: Please email Megan Milligan at MMilligan@TheIowaCenter.org with your resume, salary requirements, and a brief description of your prior entrepreneurial leadership experience as well as your financial background in banking, lending, or credit. (See qualifications below for detailed information.)
Summary: The Project Manager of New Initiatives will be responsible for developing and implementing learning strategies and programs. This position will also oversee designing e-learning courses, career plans, workshops and more. This position will also participate in team research on feasibility of growing microloan fund; if deemed we are pursuing—participation on implementation and growth.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs for our small business clients
- Evaluate client development needs to properly direct clients to the corresponding education experience
- In conjunction with the company strategic plan design and implement educational courses including (but not limited to) one:one coaching, mentoring, small group, large group, e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings
- Partner with The Iowa Center team, specifically the Constituent Coordinator, on cultivating industry expert speakers, trainers, and coaches
- Partner with The Iowa Center team, specifically the Innovation and Technology Coordinator on creating and implementing eLearning courses and creating and maintaining client files
- Partner with The Iowa Center team, specifically work closely with the project manager counterpart in The Iowa Center’s Women’s Business Center to ensure cooperation between all education efforts
- Participation in taskforce in researching feasibility of growing our microloan fund. If this is decided to pursue, this position will participate in the team that drives the growth of the fund. This will include developing strategic and implementation plan as well as participating in the implementation of the plan itself
- Provide monthly reports to CEO and board of directors on statistics of clients served
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Proven experience as a Project Manager, Program Manager, Training Manager or similar
- Prior entrepreneurial experience: either owning or working for a small business at a leadership level
- Experience or extensive knowledge in banking, lending, or credit
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in project management
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to build rapport with clients, volunteers, employees, and vendors
- Strategic vision and program implementation experience
- Ability to multitask, manage time effectively with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships among partners and volunteers and to relate well to clients
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group discussions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Walking – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Sitting – Approximately greater than 2/3 – choose one of on-the-job time.
- Driving – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Reaching with hands and arms – Approximately between 1/3 and 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Climbing or balancing – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Talking or hearing – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Tasting or smelling – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Weight lifted/Force exerted – An average of approximately up to 10 pounds, non-continuously.
- Physical demand requirements listed are primarily applied to ability to lift and move paper supply, client files, etc.
- Vision – Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Environmental – This position operates in a clerical office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Noise – Noise is low to moderate, as is typical of an office environment.
To apply please email Megan Milligan at MMilligan@TheIowaCenter.org with your resume and salary requirements.