Deadline: June 30, 2018
Contact: Amy Hutchins (515-421-9046)
WHAT YOU WILL DO: We ensure our interns gain transferrable skills that they can take out into the real world. No getting coffee here. After your experience at The Iowa Center, we hope you can speak to all that you have accomplished here, including, but not limited to, the following:
Iowa's Women's Business Center:
- Spearhead management of all promotional efforts, including social efforts, promotional flyers, community outreach, emails and web site updates.
- Participate in and/or help prep for all WBC hosted classes, including our DreamBuilders business planning course, miscellaneous informational sessions, and monthly First Friday’s (more info available at theiowacenter.org/events).
- Design promotional materials, primarily via our InDesign software, Constant Contact (email) and available design tools for social needs.
- Manage client data, including entry and tagging efforts in Salesforce.com.
- Work to clean the existing database within Constant Contact, ensuring a more relevant and targeted email approach for the organization.
- Educate potential clients about the organizations loan process.
- Analyze client documents for underwriting.
- Assist in loan disbursal process.
- Develop a loan monitoring tool using either excel or Salesforce.com (project)
- Compare the organizations microfinance department to the industry to identify strengths, weaknesses, and new process considerations designed to improve our internal efforts.
- Assist in the organizations transition to Salesforce.com, including the development of workflows and real-time reporting.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Pursuing a degree in communication studies, women and gender studies, marketing, design, economics, or finance.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Solid speaking capabilities when talking with new contacts and partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, InDesign a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Honest with a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Team player with patience and good humor.
- Connections with Iowa non-profit organizations and community leaders.
- Valuable work experience in your field of study.
- Hands-on engagement with communication mediums relevant to our society.
- Opportunities to build your resume and tell your story to future employers.
This structured internship is unpaid and can begin as early as May 14, 2018 and run through August 24th and/or a date that better coincides with the beginning of the Fall 2018 semester.
Our summer internships are both full time (Monday – Thursday, 9am – 4pm) or part time (days and times flexible) with the goal of contributing 15-20 hours per week.
To formally apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Amy Hutchins at email@example.com