Work for Yourself@50+â„« Return to the Event List
- November 15, 2017 7:30AM - 9:30AM
- 8345 University Blvd, Suite 1F, Clive, IA 50325 (Click here for directions)
- Emily Kessinger 515-283-0940
- PDF Attachment
- Add to my calendar
- Register for this event
Are you over 50 and looking for ways to improve your current financial situation? Have you ever dreamed of being your own boss? Work for Yourself@50+â„ has the information you need to succeed.
AARP Foundation’s Work for Yourself@50+ initiative will help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and take the right first steps toward successful self-employment.
The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
- A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
- Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
- A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
- Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
- Ways to find trustworthy support and services
Iowa Center for Economic Success is hosting free workshop on Wednesday, November 15 from 7:30am to 9:30am. FREE BREAKFAST will be provided.
Call 888-339-5617 to register. For additional information, visit aarpfoundation.org/workforyourself.
Work for Yourself@50+ is made possible in part through a grant from The Hartford.