Work for Yourself@50+« Return to the Event List
- September 26, 2017 5:30PM - 7:30PM
- 8345 University Blvd, Suite F, Clive, IA 50325 (Click here for directions)
- Emily Betts 515-283-0940
- PDF Attachment
- Add to my calendar
- Registration for this event has closed
Are you over 50 and looking for ways to improve your current financial situation? Have you ever dreamed of being your own boss? Work for Yourself@50+℠ has the information you need to succeed.
JOIN US on Tuesday, September 26 from 5:30 to 7:30pm. Dinner is included! The workshop is free to attend.
AARP Foundation’s Work for Yourself@50+ initiative will help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and take the right first steps toward successful self-employment.
The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
- A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
- Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
- A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
- Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
- Ways to find trustworthy support and services
Call 888-339-5617 to register. For additional information, visit aarpfoundation.org/workforyourself.
Work for Yourself@50+ is made possible in part through a grant from The Hartford.